advertisements

Unboxing my PS4


After 12 years (it's been that long?!) I finally purchased my second Playstation. My first was the Playstation 2. And it has been sitting next to my TV for 12 years. It has brought me so much happy, angry and sad moments. And till the day I unplugged it from my TV, it has been keeping my 9 year old son entertained. Heck it is older than my son! And I truly thank my PS2 for all the joy it has brought us. But its time has come to be replaced. I have many a time contemplated to replace it with the PS3. But I have been able to curb the temptation and have continued to place faith in dear PS2.


However, with the release of PS4, the technological improvement is too great to ignore. And after 12 years, I think I have done more than I can to my PS2 to make it feel good enough to retire into the sun. Maybe it didn't need to retire. I might just donate it to someone who might want it. Just like in Toy Story 3. Yes, that's what I will do. Find it a new home. A good home. Where it will once again feel prized and feel loved. I think it will not mind me doing that. If it stayed with me, I will just put it in a dusted corner and neglect it. It will never again hold the coveted space next to my brand new 42" 3D SmartTV. For that space is now reserved for my new PS4. The new prince (or king?) in my entertainment shelf.

So let's get on the unboxing of my new PS4.



There is the prized unit... inside the box is on PS4 main unit and the solo Dualshock 4 controller.


And there you have it, my brand new PS4 sitting nicely at the throne where my PS2 once used to sit. The lighting emanating out of the PS4 is truly beautiful and classy. You don't see any "obvious" buttons on the unit. All there is are the USB input at the front, and all the other various input/output at the back. At first I could not tell where the power and Bluray eject button was too until I read the user's manual. But there it is, ain't it beautiful? 

Now to get my hands on some games to play on this beautiful creature... 

No comments: