advertisements

"24" Season 8


















Season 8 of Fox's "24" has been announced and will be premiered on the 17th January 2010 in the United States. I've been an avid fan of 24 ever since season 1 and although I'm looking forward to season 8, I gotta admit my expectations are not so high now for this series. For one, every new season seems all the more predictable. Can't blame the writers though. It has been the flagship of the 24 series to have all the conspiracy, internal traitors, etc. They have probably ran out of ideas on how to make a new season more creative or different (or they might just wanna keep it the same). But that being said, 24 has actually evolved a lot from being a primarily Counter Terrorist Unit to CTU being abolished (season 7 onwards). Not sure if CTU will be revived in season 8.

Nevertheless, I still look forward to watching the new season and watching Jack Bauer get screwed all over again! But maybe I would like to see the "powerful" people behind all the conspiracies in the US Government brought to justice (wishful thinking). At least 24 ends every season with an ending. Unlike Heroes, which seems to be never ending and hopefully they know their ratings aren't really as great as they would have liked. And I'm kind of glad Prison Break came to a series ending too. That aside, my current favorite series would be Dexter but its a shame Dexter seasons are pretty short and makes you crave more for the new season...

No comments: