advertisements

Google Wave, I HAVE!

I was recently given a spanking brand new Google Wave beta account :D With all the hype about it a few months back, I think I remember signing up for the beta account. If you do not know about Google Wave, check out the loooonnngg video below:



Of course I was like a kid receiving a new toy and dived right into it. I'm a little perturbed to explain what Google Wave does. I will quote from Google's website:

"Google Wave is an online communication and collaboration tool that makes real-time interactions more seamless -- in one place, you can communicate and collaborate using richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.


A wave is a conversation with multiple participants -- participants are people added to a wave to discuss and collaborate on its content. Participants can reply any time and anywhere within a wave, and they can edit content and add more participants as a wave develops. It's also possible to rewind waves with the playback functionality, to see what happened, and when."

Obviously being only the first few who get this account, I do not have many things I can do in it. Fortunately I have another friend who also received an invitation to test the account. Its a great tool for collaborations or online meetings to take place and certainly at this moment in time looks promising. You can't do much yet beside the messaging part, embedding Google Maps and some other extensions.


Whats amazing is that you can see what is being typed in real time. So whatever you need to type, think about it first before you type. Because if you make a mistake, the person on the other side will see it even if you have backspaced to delete it. Of course you can always disable the real time typing, but you might as well use Windows Live Messenger then =)

You can even edit previous messages or your collaborators' messages. All in real time. Watch the video above and you will see what I mean. But would this replace the messengers out there? Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

webmaster said...

Hey congratulations for the invite. I signed up for an invite but I didn't received one yet. Can u send me an invite, I would realty appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Uxx

starcam said...

I can actually, but you'll hv to send me your gmail to receive it ;)

webmaster said...

my email is uxxmall@gmail.com

Thank you very much.
Uxx