advertisements

HDD Hardisk migration/duplication

I have twice migrated my computer hardisk. Both times when I upgraded my computer hardisks to a larger HDD. Basically, its pretty straight forward, install a ghosting software, plug-in the new HDD into the USB or an empty HDD slot in your desktop, ghost the whole image of your old HDD into the new while creating partitions to it. After that you can disconnect/remove your old HDD and install your new HDD into your computer and select it as the primary boot device. Once you have done all that, reboot your PC and voila! your old system in a new HDD, with much more disk space and you can install that new game you just bought which requires 50Gb of space!
One drawback though, if you had any virus, spamware, malware or any other software problems you have in your old HDD will all still be around =D If you want those off and you can't get rid of them using any anti-spam software or any antiviral software, the only way to get rid of them once and for all is to do a painstaking full format and then reinstall your OS as well as all your other softwares.

I have posted a listing on lelong.com.my to offer my services for anyone who needs professional help in migration or simply just duplicating of your HDDs.

No comments: